Beating the boredom these school holidays can be challenging, particularly since most families have already spent a lot of time at home due to COVID-19. With restrictions still in place, we’d like to bring vacation care program ideas to you.
Our dedicated holiday club programmers have been extra busy preparing online kids holiday activities with Holiday Club Online. We believe that everyone should have access to FUN these holidays, and below are even more ideas that have been carefully thought out by our team. These holiday activities are designed to stimulate young minds and keep them entertained independently or with the assistance of an adult.
Cooking at Home during the School Holidays
Cooking has many benefits for children. Aside from having fun and feeling satisfied, cooking encourages practical skills such as reading when following directions and measuring. You’ll be able to excuse the mess when you remind yourself that cooking helps with fine motor skill development, hand eye coordination, maths and science!
These Crunchy Apple Boats are super easy to make and they are sure to bring a smile to the face of any apple fan.
You will need:
- Apples – each apple makes two boats
- Your favourite spread – peanut or honey
- Puffed rice or Rice Bubbles
- Cut the apple in half, removing the core.
- Spread the top with peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with puffed rice or Rice Bubbles.
- Cut a sail for your apple boat from a thick slice of cheese and attach with a toothpick.
For more , including Fun Brekky Eggs on Toast, Spinach Stuffed Shells, Roasted Turkey and Basil Cream Cheese Pinwheel Sandwiches, plus more, download the complete Cooking at Home Guide.
The fun doesn’t stop here for your kids when it comes to holiday cooking activities. In our online holiday cooking program for kids, we’ll be making Chocolate Raw Balls and Edible Eggless No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. To find session dates and to book, visit Holiday Club Online.
School Holiday Program with Experiments
Every kid loves science! Science activities help children to be resourceful. They learn how to set goals, plan and solve problems. We think that science is ideal to generate curiosity in young minds.
Our Science at Home Guide brings you through a complete kids holiday program and this Floating Ink experiment requires just three ingredients:
You will need:
- A plate, a bowl or a baking dish
- Dry erase marker
- Draw a simple picture on the glass. A stick figure is a good one to start with.
- Pour water onto the plate or into the bowl slowly to lift up the drawing.
- Swirl the water around to make the picture dance and move.
- Experiment with different types of drawings – letters, pictures, outlines, solid shapes, etc. to see which one floats best.
Holiday Club Online also brings some fun science-related activities that your kids can do at home. Kids will love Fun Physics where they will use everyday items to explore physics experiments. There’s also Mad Scientist for those who are curious and enjoy being challenged. Scientific Spectacular will see kids working collaboratively to make four experiments, including slime. These science kids holiday activities will have your kids asking for more!
The School Holiday Program at Home to Improve Fitness
Staying fit is extremely important to promote a positive mood, burn off some energy and to have some active fun. Vacation care program ideas will generally include some form of physical activity and our Fitness at Home Guide is suitable for all fitness levels.
This Tap Line game will challenge the kids, as well as the adults!
Make 5–10 separate lines of tape, each about a foot apart, on your floor or carpet. Label the first one the “start” line and then give your kids simple instructions:
- Long Jump: See how many lines they can jump over. Have them try and beat their best score each time. Run ‘n’ Jump: Now let them take a running start and see if they can jump even further!
- Long Jump Backwards: Increase the difficulty by performing the tasks jumping backwards. Hop: How far can they jump on one leg?
If you’re looking for more fitness ideas, especially with sport clubs under strict guidelines to combat again COVID-19, be sure to check out how your kid can remain active with Holiday Club Online. There’s a fitness activity to motivate all kids, including Mindfulness Yoga, Crossfit for Kids, Dance to be Fit, Ninja Warrior, Tik Tok Dance Moves plus Hip Hop Funk.
Kids holiday activities are plentiful with our downloadable guides and Holiday Club Online program. Be sure to check out the full schedule of activities that will combat boredom these school holidays. There’s plenty of kids holiday activities to choose from, at just $10 per session.